Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer Housewarming Party Style

Yesterday, I posted on my other blog ("Katy Streams Her Consciousness") that we had a little housewarming party slash cookout on Saturday.

What does one wear to a late June housewarming party? Well, I think we can confidently look to my friend Lauren, who looks absolutely adorable for anything and everything.

Here's how Lauren attends a summer inside/outside housewarming party in style:

Summer casual chic in an Ann Taylor LOFT jeweled tee ($45), Ann Taylor LOFT crinkle shorts ($50) and some mauve espadrilles by Restricted. (shoes bought at the Columbus, GA, boutique Pursona for $53.)




This top has a party in the back — check out fun the ribbon tie. (Photo from Ann Taylor LOFT)


Such fun and feminine details.


I love that the shoes are slightly pink but still neutral.


And here's what I wore:

Black shorts from H&M ($25), four-year-old black satin espadrilles from Old Navy ($12, I think), linen Safari-ish top from Ross by Ecologie ($14) and a black/brown/gold costume necklace I found on eBay a few years ago for $8. Aren't you jealous of our astro-turf patio?

What would you wear to a cookout or summer housewarming party?

No comments: