Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winter Shorts: Attempts 1 and 2

So, I've tried wearing my $24.99 H&M winter shorts twice now. The first time, I wasn't brave enough to venture out wearing them. The second time, I managed to wear them to a small gathering at a friend's house. 

Where: Playing "dress up" in the privacy of my own home
What: Potential casual night out outfit
The other components: black tights (Target), black Dolce Vita booties (now marked down to about $125), white Target tee, random black/white/grey slouchy sweater from Ross.


Where: Friend's place in Smyrna
What: Football-watching, casual "night-in" (cheering for Dan's team, the Cowboys)
The other components: argyle tights (Dillard's), grey slouch boots (from Steinmart, via my lovely friend Kate!), black elastic art deco belt (Salvation Army), H&M black tank, brown short sleeve cardi from Target

I must admit that wearing these shorts is a little stressful! I'm not usually one to wear shorts (even in the summer), nor show a lot of skin in no matter what I'm wearing. I think I'll feel more confident if I wear them with opaque black tights next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

both look great! nice legs ;-)

enterrement de vie de jeune fille Paris said...

Très bon look j'adore le style ça te va super bien bravo
Karine