Thursday, August 27, 2009

Clothes Crushes

Confession: I want to shop. Sooooo bad. But I can't/shouldn't. I partially blame the ladies at Asian Cajuns and Love Maegan for their delicious clothing. Argh! And the Gilt e-mails I receive (but cannot shop from) aren't helping.

While I have found some great items at local thrift stores, I'm fighting off the urge to hit up shops like Forever21, The GAP, Banana Republic, H&M and J. Crew. Nothing too expensive, I promise!

So I continue to job hunt and we continue saving for our next home. But a girl can dream, right?

Here are a few things I have my eye on:

Chiffon flower dress from F21 for $26.99. I could start wearing this dress now and transition it into cool weather with tights, boots and a cream scarf. Love.


Belted lace yoke tunic from F21 for $19.80. I love the sophisticated-yet-funky look of this top. Would look great with black skinny jeans.


Downtown denim trouser from J. Crew for $108. Dress 'em up or dress 'em down, these jeans are sharp and flattering for many a figure.


Boyfriend sweater from The GAP. This one's $39.50. I love jeans and lightweight sweater weather — and I love the comfy look of this particular sweater.


Harper crackle metallic platform heels from J. Crew ($238). These are more expensive than any shoe in my closet but I adore them anyway. I mean, how fierce are these shoes?


$125 Geo-print shift dress from Banana Republic. I'm a sucker for black and white and a sucker for shift dresses.

13 comments:

annabeck said...

is it sad that i now want some of those items too? grrrrr. i loath clothes crushes.

Kb_Mal said...

So many beautiful clothes everywhere I look. Every place I turn, more clothes to crush on!

Buy Acai Diet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lauren (AsianCajuns) said...

Oooo these are gorgeous finds... not that I'm encouraging you to spend more money ;)
The way I'm trying to halt the temptation is reminding myself of the travel I'm saving for. That F21 dress is about five nights in Nepal... haha! The magic works half the time ;)

Kb_Mal said...

Lar, great idea to think about the payoff of not shopping. I MAY have just accidentally bought a long, 3/4-sleeve flannel top from Ross while shopping for an office stool. Whoops!

Becca said...

the shopping bug has a hold on me and its so hard not to turn into Target's parking lot on the way home! I have been trying to rediscover clothes I have and see if there is a way to wear them in a new way to make them exciting again. I figure buying a necklace or belt that will spice up lots of outfits I already have is a justifiable purchase!

Kb_Mal said...

That's so smart, Becca. I need to "shop my closet," too!

Jessica said...

Oh crap! I love those J Crew denim trousers, too! A LOT. I had a pair from Express (lasted 5 years!) that I wore the heck out of.

Kb_Mal said...

I want I want, Jess! I have a love/hate battle with pants though. I want to buy them but want to be a size smaller before I buy them. Then that never happens.

Katie said...

Oh, I love your picks here! Especially the J. Crew pants :)

So crazy...I found your blog today through another one (can't remember right now which one) but I was at work, so I wrote it down to look at tonight, and who leaves a comment on my blog but you?! Thanks for stopping by!

Vanessa said...

that f21 flower skirt's soooo cute! too bad summer's almost over. argh! seems like it just came too. great blog! :)

Kb_Mal said...

Thanks for stopping by, Vanessa. Are you a part of this Smashion site? Seems like a nice concept. Yes, I am mourning the summer but must admit fall is my favorite!

Kb_Mal said...

Katie, too funny that you planned on reading my blog! Did you see me at Asian Cajuns? Those girls are great! I look forward to checking out your blog, too!