Monday, December 6, 2010

The Shoe is Where the Fun Is

I'm helping with an executive meeting this week and needed to keep my wardrobe relatively tame and professional. I'm lucky that that we aren't business professional (i.e., suits only) or else it would make dressing creatively much more challenging.

So I chose a navy ruffly top, a black cardigan and black pants for today (I am a believer in navy and black going together just fine). But to keep things interesting, I dusted off a pair of fun shoes for the day.

What I like about these shoes:
  • Professional silhouette/shape (2.5 inch heels, closed toe... pretty much a classic pump shape-wise)
  • Funky design (if you can't tell from the iPhone photos, they're navy, light blue and light aqua)
  • A price I couldn't turn down (these were a Goodwill find - $4 I think)




And there you have it: A fun but appropriate shoe is a great way to de-boring-ize work look.

What are your go-to "fun" shoes?

Katy

p.s. I can't wait to take my friend Erica out on one of her first real thrifting excursions. Save the date (first full weekend in January), bb. You're about to be converted!

Oh, and BTW, for you Atlanta fancy handbag mavens... this is a pretty sweet deal:

Brahmin (New England-based, quality handbag company) will be supporting the Make-A-Wish foundation this year by hosting a holiday shopping day at their Lenox Mall store. This Friday, December 10th from 10:00 am-10:00 pm shoppers can stop by the Brahmin handbag store at Lenox Mall to purchase $5.00 donation coupons to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Atlanta. For every $5.00 donation, customers will receive a 20% discount off any full priced item in the Brahmin store. (Caveat: discount can only be used that day.)

No comments: