Monday, December 22, 2008

Fabulous Candles in Decatur (and another good deal)



I heard another great tip from Jessica Shops Atlanta—the upscale candle company
PaddyWax has an outlet in Decatur! 

An 8-ounce PaddyWax candle in a glass container, for example, will run you upwards of $20 or more on the PaddyWax web site or in a nice boutique. At the outlet, however, the same candles are priced around $8.00. The shop also offers tinned candles for traveling, gift sets and pillar candles of all sizes. 

While browsing through the outlet's merchandise, I couldn't help but pick up several candles for last-minute Christmas gifts. The eight candles I bought set me back $48. Not bad for really quality merchandise.

I complimented the shop as a woman rung up my order. I asked why the outlet was located in Decatur and how the prices were so much different than in retail stores. She responded saying the factory is in Decatur, attached to the outlet actually, and that she was a corporate employee. When I mentioned that I hadn't noticed the outlet store before even though I drive by almost weekly, she said that they don't really advertise and get most of their business through word of mouth.

One downside to this deal savvy place are its hours of operation. PaddyWax is open Monday through Friday 10am to 5pm and Saturday from 10am to 4pm and closed on Sundays.  Another is the strong mix of scents that hit your nostrils the moment you walk through the door. Like walking through the perfume section of Macy's, you may end up with a mild headache for the next half hour. 

235 Dekalb Industrial Wy
Decatur, GA 30030
(404) 378-7422

No comments: